Sunday, June 22, 2008

I never go into stores "B2", or even stores like Spring/Sterling where one can get a fairly good quality shoe for 60-70 dollars. I happened, however, to be hanging with my dad's gee-eff and she was persistent on showing me the difference between quality footwear and the junk I buy from Payless on my retail wage. Now, her qualifications on the matter are undisputed, growing up child-to-the-owner of Freedman's-who-then-became-Manager, lady knows a good shoe when she sees it.

Inspired by all of this, my fall fashion resolution is to learn to walk in heels, and not just lil' itty bitty training wheel heels, but the kind that are actually quite high as well. As it stands, I can manage an inch or so in height, but my feet, from years of scuffing the asphalt in flats and sneakers, are untrained and bewildered by this whole heel-toe thing. You'd think I would be pretty good at it, after all those years in hockey skates, which are around 2.5-3 inches off the ground, but unfortunately that ability isn't relevant. I digress, I tried on some heels from the Brown's Fall collection, retailing at $I.Cantaffordthese, and it was definitely surprising how comfortable and wearable they were.

...In fact, I can't stop thinking about them.


I'm more interested in the brown ones, but there was also this green color, black, and violet. It may be worth it to start stocking my wardrobe with more expensive looking shoes, because I think it is true that Chloe Heels could make a Hanes tee look as though it cost hundreds of dollars.

So that's the good end of designer shoes, but then...then there is this:



My friends, check these little gems, hot off the Runway from who else but Balenciaga. Yes, they're latex. Yes, they look like condoms.

No comments: